For adults, these things might sound silly or too immature, but for the little ones, they mean a lot. In order to be the effective mother or the father, there are certain things that you should be doing. In fact, there are things that every kid needs from his/her parents.
When you do these things, they’ll mean a lot to your kids. Then, why not try them?
Image Source: archive.signalscv.com
Have a look below and get down to incorporating the teeny-weeny things that you should do to make your baby love you.
- Give the time and attention to them that they deserve. You can keep your professional scenes outside the house, but when you come home – be the parent that they expect you to be.
- Show interest in what they do. They might want you to lie down so that your daughter can paint your faint with makeup or your son want you to be there to witness his first tech-savvy experiment. Just be patient and with them.
- Have a family mantra. We all feel depressed sometimes including your kids. When your kid is depressed, you can chant the slogan or mantra when you want to brighten up the mood and also do things that make them happy. Stick it on the fridge where the others can do the same for you too (You know #fambam).
- Go for a walk – with one at a time. If you have more than one kid, you should give your time to all of them individually. They deserve it and you obviously cannot handle all at once to avoid any kind of sibling fight. Small conversations are one of the factors that help you raise strong and confident kids.
- Say ‘yes’ to things that slightly off-limits – sometimes. You can go shopping girls party wear even when you’re tight on budget, let them get drenched in the rain, and other things like that. Let your 4-year-old stomp in every puddle along the way. Even without rain boots.
- FaceTime or Skype with the elders sometimes. It might sound like a trouble to you, but kids love their grandparents.
- If your child has given it a good try, but he’s still miserable and anxious and really, truly wants to quit the team, you should be there motivating him. He needs it more than anything right now.
- Adopt a pet. The dog or a cat or even a bird would be the best companion your child needs right now.
- Pamper the baby. Going shopping or online shopping for kids sounds like a plan. You should do that in order to keep the ratio of shopping and happiness balanced.
- Give your toddler a chance to fight his own battles in the sandbox or on the playground before you intervene.
- When you kid is almost there to quit the game or doing something that he’s working on and facing problems, don’t encourage them to let go of it so soon. Let them take their time.
- Teach them something new – every week. One new thing every week, your kid will learn and would patiently wait for the time that you’ll teach something interesting.
Would you want to add something to the list? Do let us know in the comments below.