I still remember the very first day when we brought Sahana home. Our life was full of happiness and new responsibilities now. The excitement of becoming a mommy for the first time was high. Coming from a conservative family, I have always faced gender issues. So, I was very sure in giving my daughter all the happiness that she deserved as a child. Luckily I married Karthik, who believes in gender equality. Though it was an arranged marriage, we have always been mad for each other. After two years of marriage life, Sahana was our first bundle of joy. Both of us were excited about parenting.
Now, we had to upgrade our belongings from a kid’s perspective. We moved to a bigger flat. The flat had a separate room for kids which attracted us mainly. We just had to paint it according to our desire. Sahana is fond of Chota Bheem and Chutki. Though she was just four months old at that time, still she would become so happy in watching them on the Tv. The expression on her face was priceless. So, we decided to paint the walls with the Chota Bheem theme.
After the walls, it was the wardrobes. We made sure that they were in contrasting colors. They had to be filled with cute attires as well. So, Karthik and I started surfing online websites for more options, that’s when we landed on Foreverkidz.com.The store had an ample number of options for kids and even infants. We couldn’t wait to see Sahana as a grown up munchkin. The Infant store had a huge assortment but, we weren’t sure of the quality. Hopefully, the fabric details were specified in the description below. I made sure that I shop for girls accessories as well to match the outfits (Obviously mum and mini style has to be the same, right?). I didn’t know that even online shopping for kids would have so many options.
Now, we are all set to watch our munchkin grow in her new room. She kept us entertained with her nonstop fun activities. Daily she would assign us different tasks which made us learn new things that was literally humorous. And, If you are going to be a first time mommy, then I’m sure that you will have to face the below lovely things.
1. No more tv serials and sports channels because POGO and Cartoon Network is here to entertain all of us.
2. The house is never a house with messy toys around.
3. Whatever you paint for me on the walls, they are incomplete without my crayon sketching
4. You have run around the house and lose your weight to feed me
5. The tablet is only for watching “Old McDonalds Had a Farm.”
6. I get moody only when you talk on the phone.
7. You have to wash my clothes and clean my diapers at least 10 times a day(I’m a hygienic baby).
8. You cannot sleep the whole night because I slept all the noon.
Hope you all liked reading the journey of my munchkin. Share yours as well in the comments section below.